◼️ The announcement this Friday was a surprise to many. These are some of the numbers of the Frenchman during his 22 years in the London club.
Arsene Wenger will go down in history as one of the best technicians in English football, even though the last years of decline have become a source of frustration for some fans of Arsenal.
The Frenchman, since joining the 1996 club, ushered in a new era in the Premier League with several records. Here is a recount of some of the most important numbers of the most important strategist in the history of the Gunners:
- 1,228 matches as head coach Arsenal.
- Seven titles of the FA Cup won the London club under his command, the most recent last season against Chelsea. He is the most successful coach in the competition.
- 49 games without losing completed his team in the 2003-04 season. That was his last Premier title.
- 17 crowns sum with Arsenal, 11 of them arrived in their first decade at the club.
- Three Premier League titles: 1998, 2002, 2004.
- With 823 Premier League matches under his belt, Wenger is the most experienced manager in the history of the division. Only his old rival Alex Ferguson (810) is remotely close.
- 8-2 – Wenger’s worst defeat at Arsenal. It was at Old Trafford in August 2011 against Manchester United.