◼️ Due to scheduling problems, the Swiss declined his participation.

The Swiss Roger Federer retired this Monday of the ATP tournament in Toronto, which will be played in August, due to scheduling problems.

Federer, 36, said he needs to be cautious about how many tournaments he will play in the season. “I’m disappointed not to play in the Rogers Cup this summer,” said Federer, number two in the world.

“I had a fantastic time in Montreal last year and I always enjoy playing in front of the Canadian fans,” added the Swiss.

Federer added that “but unfortunately, with programming as the key to my validity, unfortunately, I decided to retire from Toronto this year.”

The French Jeremy Chardy will take the place of Federer in the main draw.

The organizers said that the tournament, which will take place from August 4 to 12, will feature 19 of the 20 best players in the world, including the current Wimbledon champion, Serbian Novak Djokovic, and the number one in the world, the Spaniard Rafael Nadal

“It’s unfortunate that we do not have Roger in Toronto this summer,” said tournament spokesman Karl Hale.

Leave a Reply