Falling sick these days is nothing uncommon. And ever since the outbreak of COVID-19, things have become even worse and people have become even more vulnerable to diseases. Those with comorbidities are suffering the most. And amidst all these, when these sick people seek medical treatment, the hospital bills become another matter of concern. Not all of us have the kind of bank balance that we can pay skyrocketing bills. This is when a health insurance policy comes to the rescue.
Why do you need a health insurance policy?
A health insurance policy becomes a big help to people who have to undergo medical treatment but do not have the necessary funds ready. The policyholders can inform the insurer about their scheduled medical treatment and get the sum insured paid by the insurance company. If it is an emergency, they can inform the insurance provider after being hospitalized. After providing the bills, the insurer will settle the medical bills with the hospital. When you have a health insurance policy, you have to pay premiums and when it is time, you will be able to claim the sum insured. Apart from the sum insured, you will also be able to avail of several benefits provided by your insurer.
Which health insurance policy should you opt for?
While looking for health insurance policies, you will surely come across many of them. Choosing any one out of so many is really a tough job. However, with Apollo Munich health insurance, you do not need to give it a second thought. Apollo Munich Health Insurance was founded in August 2007 and it is a joint venture between two companies, Apollo Hospitals Group and Munich Health. Ever since the inception of the company, it has been attracting many happy customers. In 2020, a major stake of this company was acquired by HDFC, and then it was renamed HDFC ERGO Health.
One of the much sought-after health insurance policies of this company is Apollo Munich Easy Health Premium Plan. Let us discuss the features and benefits of this particular plan.
The entry age for this plan is a minimum of 5 years, while the maximum can go up to 65 years. If you have a dependent child, the minimum age of the child has to be 91 days. However, at least one parent has to be covered under this particular policy.
The period of the policy is 1 year and 2 years. If you choose a 2-year plan, you will even get a discount of 7.5%.
- You will get lifelong renewability with the policy
- To renew the policy, you will get a 30 days grace period
- On getting approval from IRDA, the renewal premium may change. About the change, the policyholder will be intimidated 3 months in advance.
The sum insured is between INR 4 lakhs and INR 50 lakhs.
- Medical expenses are covered if the policyholder is hospitalized for over 24 hours
- Expenses that are incurred because of illnesses 60 days before hospitalization are covered
- 90 days after discharge from the hospital, medical expenses will be covered
- Domiciliary treatment can be done at home
- If there is any need foran organ transplant, the cost of treatment for the organ donor is covered
- Emergency ambulance services for up to INR 2000 are covered
- Daily cash is provided if the policyholder is in shared accommodation at the hospital
- The policy offers coverage for pre and post-maternity expenses
- Medical expenses are covered for Unani, Ayurveda, Sidha, and Homeopathy for the in-patient treatment
- For one pair of hearing aid or glasses or contact lenses, up to 50% of the price is covered.
Apart from these, there are several features as well as benefits of this health insurance plan. However, to know all of them, you need to visit the website of IIFL.