Health is wealth, goes the popular adage. We have learned this the hard way. The pandemic has opened our eyes and made us more conscious of our well-being. Not only for the pandemic but keeping one’s health salubrious should be every man and woman’s goal for a fulfilling life. There are lots of ways to keep yourself healthy; Keeping the Body and Mind Healthy we will talk about the natural ways. And, these natural ways are easy to adopt and follow:
1. Yoga: Yoga is an ancient science of healing. It is a non-invasive practice of keeping the body and mind healthy.
2. Cut down on Calories: Body fat is a harbinger of diseases. Excess fat can lead to severe health problems—obesity, bad cholesterol, diabetes, heart diseases and stroke, etc. Cut down your calorie intake. Say no to junk food, sugar, and other food high in calories. Order online cake without sugar or sugar free, Keep a calorie count. Take advice from a doctor about the ideal calorie intake as per your age, and maintain the level. If you think you have eaten too many calories, burn it through exercise. Keep a check on your cholesterol levels.
3. Meditation: Meditation is a part of yoga science. Meditation works with the brain. Stress is common in day-to-day life. Even youngsters are complaining of stress. Stress is one of the main factors for health issues like high blood pressure, heart attacks, upset bowel system, etc. Meditation is an effective way to reduce stress and experience calmness. A person can do meditation in any quiet place. Home, park, meditation centre are all ideal places. Learn and practice the art of meditation to enjoy the serenity.
4. Drink Water: We often underestimate the power of water. Water is the life source. If you don’t drink enough water, toxins get buildup in your body and cause health problems like stones. Always drink filtered water.
5. Look for a substitute: We all crave junk food. And, what do we munch on? Packets of chips and chocolates. Isn’t it. These refined oil foods are unhealthy and lead to weight gain. You can eat snacks made from quinoa, ragi, bajra or fox nuts (makhana). Substitute your drinks with homemade fresh juices. Always make your snacks and dishes healthy by including veggies and fruits.
6. Air-purifying plants naturally cleanse the air from toxins and harmful substances, allowing you to breathe freshness. Plants are good for the mind, and you can eat organic food. Have potted plants in and around you, or nurture a garden.
7. Be Happy: Staying happy equals staying healthy. Look for happiness in every situation. Don’t let gloominess hamper your health and spirit. See comedy shows, join a laughter club, read optimistic stories, and try to see the bright side of everything. Stay happy from inside.